St Patty's Treats

For family night tonight, we made treats for the kids to take to their friends at daycare on Thursday. I've seen a lot of similar versions of this but I made it my own so I thought I would share what we did. I loved these because they were simple, inexpensive, and something the kids could help with.


Supplies needed:
  • Cellophane bags
  • Small, clear, plastic cups
  • White candies for the clouds
  • Multi-colored candies for the rainbow
  • Yellow or gold candies for the gold
  • Scissors
  • Gold curling ribbon
  • Festive confetti (optional)
I just used Jelly Belly's for the whole thing to keep it simple, but other ideas would be mini marshmallows for the clouds, m and m's or skittles for the rainbow, and rolo's or chocolate coins for the gold.



Start by lining the bottom of the cups with your gold candies. Next, you will do layers of each color of the rainbow. Make sure to go backwards so that the red is on the top and the violet is on the bottom and the rest of the correct colors are in between. Lastly, you will top it off with your white candies or marshmallows. After you have all of your layers, put them in your cellophane bags. If you decide to buy confetti, put that in before the treats. Then you will tie and curl your gold ribbon.


They should look a little something like this. These took all of five minutes to make, required very little cleanup, and will be a fun treat for my kid's friends. If you try them out, I'd love to see your version too.

-The Red Brick Blondie




1 comment

  1. Oh, those are sooooo cute!!! I've never seen anything like those. That's a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete