Anniversary Part 1

Tomorrow is my 8th anniversary! I do not know how it has already been that long. Time just flies by guys. I wanted to do something really awesome for Chance this year because our lives have been so busy lately and we had a newborn last year so we didn't do anything too exciting. We have known for a while now that our two oldest kids would be on a mini vacation with my in-laws this weekend so my plans worked out perfectly!

A few years ago, my best friend Celeste took me to a restaurant in Park City called Lespri. It is a really fancy-schmancy steak house that is so delicious. I have wanted to take Chance there ever since so I decided that's where we were going to go.


I was just going to get a babysitter for Scout and we would have a dinner date and then come home. Well I decided on Friday to see if I could get any last minute deals on a hotel. I actually got really lucky and found a room at The Grand Summit Hotel for $150! On every other site I looked, it ranged from $450-$650 for the same exact night. I couldn't pass up such a good deal. So I booked it! I couldn't find an overnight babysitter for Scout because it was so last minute but I knew we would still have a great time with her along for the ride!


My friend Mykael is a professional makeup artist and I asked her a few months ago if she would do my makeup for the grand event, haha. Luckily, she was able to get work off and do it for me. If you have a special event or just want to learn how to apply makeup like a pro, you should go to her. She is amazing! She made me feel so pretty for our date.


So with gorgeous makeup, an upscale steakhouse, and a four-star resort, we were going to have the time of our lives, right? Wellllll. Almost everything that could have gone wrong, did! First we got to the hotel and our reservations were messed up. We thought we were getting the master suite and they accidentally put us in a regular room. We tried to upgrade but they were completely booked. The room we got was still really nice but we were just disappointed that it wasn't what we were expecting. Then we go to the restaurant. I don't want you to be turned off by what I'm going to tell you because I think it was just an off night for them. I still highly recommend trying it and I will go back there myself. But, Chance's steak came out bloody and he ordered it med-well. My food was completely cold. And the worst part of it all was that a little boy at the table right next to us threw up EVERYWHERE. Nothing ruins your appetite like that! I got out to the car and started crying!! I felt like everything was getting ruined.

Chance suggested that we go look at the outlet mall so we headed over there and had fun. He has been wanting these Converse for probably 2 years now so I told him to get them! My friend Jenn has gotten me on a bad addiction- Coach bags. I haven't ever purchased one for myself but she has so generously gifted quite a few to me and I love them. We went to the Coach outlet but I didn't think I was going to buy anything, I just wanted to look around. Well their sale was so good, I couldn't resist. The original total for these two was $695 and I got them for $120 altogether, woot woot!!



When we were shopping, Scout started crying and pulling at her ear so we decided to head back to the hotel. By the time we got back, she was inconsolable and had a fever. I knew it was going to be a long night. I called the front desk to see if we could work something out and they said I needed to talk to the third party company that I booked with. I called and emailed them but they're closed weekends. I didn't just want to be out the money so we stayed. She was miserable all night. Look at that cute little stink though!


Pretty much any expectation I had for this weekend went completely opposite. I was pretty bummed but I have thought about it a lot and there are a lot of parallels to our marriage! I didn't even think I would go on a second date with Chance after our first. Once I knew I would marry him, I didn't think we would be where we are now. We have had every physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial problem that you can imagine. Nobody warned me that marriage would be as hard as it has been at times! I didn't expect that we would go through what we have. If I could have a do over on this weekend, I probably would have stayed home, ha! But if I could have a do over on my marriage to Chance, I would have it the same a million times. Even though it has been hard, it has been the best, most rewarding thing I have and will ever do. I love that boy more than I can put into words. Tomorrow I will tell our love story and why I would do it over again and again and again!


The Red Brick Blondie

No comments