Easter Decor


I love holidays and Easter is one of my very favorites. Growing up, egg hunts were a pretty big deal.  My mom and aunts would fill plastic eggs as full as they could get them and while they hid them outside, the uncles would make sure that none of the kids were looking. Then we all gathered around the door and when that thing flew open, we ran like we were seeing the outside world for the first time ever lol. After we found all the eggs, we would sit around and see what we got. Now that all the cousins are grown up, we still get together and have the egg hunt with our kids, so much fun! 

For Chance's family party, we get together with his parents and siblings and his dad holds two egg hunts- one for the kids and one for the adults. These particular eggs are filled with different amounts of cash and change. Every year, each family (Chance's siblings, their spouses and kids) ends up taking home around $200. If you can imagine, we get a little crazy searching for these eggs! 

Of all the things I love about Easter, if I had to narrow it down to one thing, it would easily be Cadbury Mini eggs.


I also love decorating for Easter just like I do for every other occasion. It's always weird when Easter is in March because I feel like I should be decorating for St Patrick's Day. But Easter decor is so much cuter.



My mom gave me this cute, galvanized tin tray in October and I use it for all of my table centerpieces. I got the egg garland from Target for $8! My mom made the cute stitchery and gave me all of the other decor inside the tray but you can find the same or very similar ones at Tai Pan and Rod Works. 

My mom has given me these three decorations the past few years and I think they're hilarious. I especially love the one on the right because I call everyone "my peeps"! I bet if you asked, my mom would make any of these and/or the stitchery cause she's awesome like that! 

What are some of your favorite traditions for Easter? Do you love Cadbury Mini Eggs as much as I do? If so, you might be fighting me for them at Walgreen's the day after Easter! Show me all of your cute decorations, I'd love to see them.

The Red Brick Blondie






1 comment

  1. So cute, Kim! I'l have to come see it in person. I love that you're keeping up on your blog so regularly.

    ReplyDelete