Marley and Scout's vintage mermaid room

I have had my girl's room half-done since we moved in last June. I already had most of the stuff and just had to get around to actually hanging it! Marley has been on my case about it so I decided to finish it so she could be surprised when she got home from St George on Sunday. I think it turned out pretty cute!


This bed came from my grandma's late husband. It was his son's in the 50's and had been sitting in my grandma's basement for years. I love it so much and think the naturally chipped paint looks awesome! I got the nautical pillows from Target last summer. I was actually going to do a different theme and almost got rid of them. I'm so glad I didn't. My mother in law gave Marley the floral quilt. I really want pink, seahorse sheets so if you know where a girl might be able to get some, give me a hint!


This gallery wall is what I worked on over the weekend. I couldn't love it more than I do. The pictures of my girls were taken by Amber Togisala and I got the frames from Hobby Lobby. I got the blue seahorse from Hobby Lobby as well. The mermaid and "the world is your oyster" sign came from The Swanky Plank. The marquee letters come in a kit to decorate them for your space and can be purchased at Joann Crafts. My sister in law gave me the star and mirror a long time ago but you can find similar ones at Tai Pan. I painted the gold seashell and the crown came from a flea market in Texas!

This crib was refinished by my cousin who does Simply Beautiful Creations. Check her out, she's amazing. I got the sheets from Target. Most of their crib sheets are $10, awesome right?



Here are the rest of the random finishing touches that pull it all together. Thanks for checking it out!



The Red Brick Blondie


1 comment