My Top 5 Fav Hair Products

Happy Monday, everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. We are LOVING this spring weather. We spent most of the weekend playing outside!

Today I am talking about one of my very favorite things to buy- hair products! I got a job as a receptionist at a salon and beauty supply when I was 16 and worked there for about four years. A big part of my job was helping customers find the right products for their hair. The salon carries over 50 different product lines so when we weren't busy, I would read the backs of bottles to learn what each of them did. I soon became a product junkie! There are so many awesome products out there. I could go on and on and on. I will have to do seperate posts for specific needs such as men's hair, curly hair, fine hair, etc. Because trends are always changing and new products are always introduced, what I love also changes frequently. This is a list of what I am currently diggin'.

Shampoo and Conditioner:

Redken all soft. This shampoo and conditioner is awesome for dry hair. I bleach my hair, use hot styling tools on it, and live in a very dry climate. Because of this, my ends get really thirsty. This shampoo and conditioner rehydrates it and makes it look so smooth and shiny. It is very reasonably priced and it smells soo good. I only wash my hair about every 3 days. If you are washing everyday, I would rotate this so it doesn't become too heavy on your hair.



Styling spray:

Scruples blow dry spray. I just tried this for the first about a month ago and it blew my mind (and my hair lol). It cuts down your blow dry time which is awesome because we're all busy and the last thing we want to do is spend all morning blowing our hair dry. It also protects hair from heat and sun damage. Did you know that just like our skin, our hair can get burnt as well? Hot styling tools and UV rays can burn holes into our hair making it super brittle. This spray has sunscreen and other protectants for hair built right in. All you do is towel dry your hair, comb it out, and spray this in. Then follow with any other products you use and dry as usual. This spray is good for all hair types.

Polishing oil:

Morrocon oil. This stuff is great for adding shine and taming flyaways. As the name suggests, it is an OIL so you only need a tiny bit. It can be applied to wet or dry hair. I usually apply it to wet hair the day I wash it and apply from mid-shaft to ends. The next two days, I just apply it to my ends. I really only use a dime-size amount. If you have fine hair, I would stray away from this one.


Texture powder:

Osis Dust It powder. I think this might be magical fairy dust because of what it does to your hair! It comes in a tiny jar and is just white powder. You can use it two different ways. The first is for volume. After you have styled your hair and you are ready to backcomb, you take the partings that you make for backcoming and you sprinkle this right at the root and then you backcomb. This gives you so much volume I can't even believe it. It also holds your backcoming in place. I don't know what is in it, but it's amazing. The second way to use it, is for texture. If you have choppy layers that you want to bring emphasis to or you have curled your hair and want to piece it out, sprinkle this throughout the hair and it will give you that funky texture you're trying to achieve. Whichever way you use it, follow with hairspray. Now listen closely- I cannot emphasize enough that you do not want to over do it. If you get too much, your hairnis going to be a yucky, gritty, hot mess and there's no turning back. You will have to wash it. So, experiment with it when you're not going anywhere to figure out how to get the right amount. Once you do, you will love it.


Hairspray:

Kenra Volume Spray. I saved the best for last. This is my hairspray BAE. I try others but I always go right back. Why do I love it? Because it smells like heaven and the hold is so on fleek. It has a strong hold but is not sticky at all. Win, win. Am I right? This hairspray is so good, it won the stylist choice awards 10 years in a row. 
Because I love this hairspray so much, I am going to give it away to one lucky winner. All you have to do is follow my instagram account and tag 3 friends on the giveaway picture. For 5 extra entries, follow me on my blog and then comment that you did. I will announce the winner tomorrow night, Tuesday, March 1st at 9 pm. Good luck!

-The Red Brick Blondie

No comments