Living Room Decor

We just moved here in June of 2015. We had been living in a two bedroom townhouse and I had my third baby in January and we had just outgrown it. We decided we needed something a little bigger and we really wanted to have our own yard for our two oldest children to play in. When I was looking at places to rent, I was specifically looking for old homes. There is just something about them that draw me to them. When I saw this house, I immediately fell in love. My landlord did an AMAZING job at restoring it to it's natural beauty and charm.

When she gave me the tour, we entered through the front door which leads into the living and formal dining room. When I saw the original hardwood floors, I died a little inside. SO pretty. I wanted to have a very funky, eclectic, "anything will go" vibe and I am really happy with how it turned out. My favorite thing about this room is the fireplace with the built in cabinets and darling little swing-out windows with textured glass. LOVE.

I didn't waste any time decorating! I ordered these cute, gold, metallic, vinyl polka dots off etsy about a week after we moved in. I put them up right when they arrived. The hardest part was hanging the very first row. I sat and measured over and over again to make sure it was going to look good. Once it was done, It went a lot faster because I already had a pattern going. Chance built the coffee table out of an old door from my cousin's 1950's home. He cut the door so that it was the regular length of a coffee table and then he added the legs. My cousin is super talented at refinishing furniture so she came over and helped me paint it as well as the pink sofa table under my T.V. She has a page on facebook called Simply Beautiful Creations where she sells her refinished furniture. It is all gorgeous and her prices can't be beat.


I turned 28 two months after moving in. I had been looking at accent chairs for this space and Chance went out and got this one as a surprise for my birthday. He chose it all on his own and he did pretty freaking good if I do say so myself! My best friend, Jenn, is an interior designer so anything she gets me is always totes adorbs. She got me the pillow for my birthday {they didn't plan it} from Nordstrom Rack.

The last thing I wanted to show you was my mantle. This is where the decorating really got fun for me. I love photography of my kids. I try to get their pictures taken once a year. I can't bring myself to take the old ones down so I just keep adding to what I already have. I love my mantle because there is plenty of room to put lots of pictures and still throw other decorations up as well. I usually switch things around for different holidays but right now I just have things that work year round. I have a thing for skulls. I don't know why, I just do. After the gold polka dots went up, I got this skull to match. He usually sits on my mantle but I will move him around if I have holiday stuff to put up. The fox is actually a cookie jar! I saw it at Target and thought it was really cute. I can't find the exact one but here is a cute doggie from the same line. Everything else is stuff that I have had for a really long time. If there is something you are wondering about, let me know.

I hope you like my living room as much as I do! Connected to it is the formal dining room and I will be showing that to you next.

XoXo, Kimmy


2 comments

  1. So cute!!! I love❤️ What you have done with it and I'm glad you love it as much as I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen your mantle looking drab. You always have the cutest decor. Every time I walk in your house I have to make a pit stop at the fireplace to check out the newest decorations. Chance sure knows how to pick and make furniture. Jelly.

    ReplyDelete