Mother's Day Series: A Tribute To My Mom

I meant to post this one on Mother's Day but I spent the day with a very sick baby! But better late than never, right?

As I've thought about what to say about my mom, it's been hard to come up with the words to describe how amazing she really is. When I was 3, my mom got toxic shock syndrome and was very, very sick. She was in and out of the hospital a lot. And because of this, my parents had astronomical amounts of medical debt. But I never knew this until I was older. Despite her being sick and their very tight budget, my mom always made holidays magical and unforgettable. She made gourmet dinners every single night. She took the time to sew handmade outfits for me when I was little. One of my favorite memories was when my mom would walk me and my brothers to the gas station to pick out a treat and then we would go to the park. We did that a lot. My mom devoted all of her time to her kids and to making sure we were happy.

If I had to sum up my mom to one word it would be "service". My mom is constantly helping someone in need. She is always looking for the opportunity to lift someone's burden. And she does it quietly as to not bring attention to herself. 

My mom lights up the room wherever she goes. Her young hearted spirit and contagious laugh brings a smile to the faces of everyone around her. You can't know my mom and not love her.

Over the years, my mom has had to see her own children go through trials that no mother ever wants to watch. But I know that my mom was given those burdens because she has an unwavering faith that can and does get her through anything. Her love and testimony of Jesus Christ is one of the strongest of anyone I know and it is something I am grateful that she passed onto me. 

My mom isn't just an amazing mom but also an amazing grandma. She has 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson by blood who love her dearly. But she has about 100 other children who she is a second grandma to. My mom has always connected with the youth and she has the hearts of so many sweet kids that she has come close to over the years.

I love my mom so much and I am so grateful for everything that she has done for me over the years. She has been my biggest cheerleader and a shoulder to cry on. She helps me so much with my kids and she has already supported me so much at school by coming to get her hair done. She really is the bee's knees. 

I love you mom and happy belated Mother's Day!


The Red Brick Blondie

No comments