Olive and June's nursery

One of my best friends, Beth, found out last August that she was expecting for the first time! Like most newly expecting moms, she didn't think she would be in for any surprises. But when she went to her first Dr. appointment, she found out that she was having monoamniotic twins. This is a very high-risk pregnancy and her Dr. told her from the beginning not to expect both babies to make it very far into the pregnancy. And if they both did, that one or both of them would most likely have serious complications. 




Despite all odds, both baby girls made it to 32 weeks gestation and were born last Thursday and are happy and healthy!! Beth had to be admitted to the hospital at 26 weeks gestation and stayed until they were born so that the babies could be closely monitored at all times. 

Beth didn't do anything in the nursery before she was admitted. I told her that I wanted to do the nursery during the hospital stay and she told me I was going to have to fight her husband, Scott, for that opportunity! He already had plans of his own! He did most of it himself, and did an amazing job. But he let me help him with the finishing touches! Of all the rooms I decorate, baby nurseries are by far my favorite. And because Beth is such an important person in my life, helping with this project was such an honor and it made me so happy to do it. 

Before I could get my hands on any of it, Scott did the beadboard and paint, set up the cribs, picked out the rocker, painted the dresser (to die for, right?), and made the pad for the little white chest from Ikea. After all of that, Scott, Chance, and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out all of the wall decor and then went back to the house and hung it all. In case you aren't pickin' up what I'm droppin' down, Scott actually takes credit for about 95% of the room, ha! But I feel like the 5% that I did looks pretty great!







We kept the room a complete secret from Beth and she finally got to see it when she got home this week! I think she likes it...those are happy tears, my friends!!


I just want to tell Beth and Scott thank you so much for letting me be a part of something so special. And Beth, I am so proud of you for enduring something so hard. You girls are gorgeous and I am so happy for the both of you.

The Red Brick Blondie



2 comments

  1. This is so sweet!!! She is so lucky to have you, and her husband, in her life. What an amazing surprise! The nursery is also incredibly cute. I love the ombre dresser, may have to borrow that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room Kim. You and Scott did an awesome decorating job. I am happy for Beth and Scott too. I love the picture of her crying. Probably a lot of pent up emotion she's letting out. Crying tears of joy, happiness and gratitude!

    ReplyDelete