One year down

I went out to dinner with this cute girl tonight to celebrate ONE YEAR since we started cosmetology school!!!


I can't believe it's already been one year. It has actually gone by so fast. I can honestly say that going back to school is one of the hardest things I have ever done. But I can also say that is has been one of the most rewarding. 

Before I started school, I worked two ten hour days, one week day and Saturdays which they were home with Chance. Other than that, I was always with them. It's been really, really hard to be away from them as much as I have. Because I've been at school every day, I've had to work more days as well because I have to squeeze my nail clients in when I'm not at school. On top of being away from them so much, they have also been sick more this year than they ever have before because they started daycare. We've had hand foot and mouth disease twice, strep twice, the stomach flu more times than I can count, and head colds probably four or five times. To all the girls getting school done before you have kids, good for you! And to all the moms going back when you have little ones at home, I salute you.

Even though it has been hard, like I said earlier, it has been SO rewarding. I have gained so many lifelong friendships in cosmetology school. And I look up to my instructors more than they will ever know. I tell everyone that the DATC is the best cosmetology school around and I truly believe that. Our instructors are some of the most knowledgeable and skilled in our industry. And I know that they always have my best interest in mind. They have invested in me and because of that, I have grown tremendously in the last year. When I've had a bad day, they have always known just what to do or say to help me. When I'm not understanding something, they help me until I do.

I'm so thankful for this amazing opportunity I have had to go back to school. I have to give a special shout out to Chance for supporting me and helping me get the kids out the door every morning and putting them to bed when I'm up studying late at night. Thanks to everyone else who has helped with giving my kids rides before and after school. Thanks to the cute girls that I started with who keep me plugging along. And thanks to Carol, Jill, Amber, Krista, Shelly, Pearl, and all the other instructors who believe in me when I don't believe in myself. And a huge thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me so far. I have fellow students comment left and right that I am lucky to be as busy as I am with clients and I owe it all to you who trust me with your locks! Here's to another amazing year of hair!



Red Brick Blondie

1 comment

  1. Yay!!! Congrats!! I'm happy for you. You are amazing. You are such a hard worker. I know I couldn't have survived the schedule you've kept up with. You're a good example to me. :)

    ReplyDelete