Mini Banana Cream Pies

Today is Chance's 30th birthday, YAY!! Happy birthday, Babe! His favorite dessert in the whole wide world is banana cream pie. My mom makes an amazing one with a homemade crust that he devours every time she makes it. But I'm not cut out to make a homemade pie crust so I did the next best thing. AND, I made them mini and we all know that everything is better when it's mini! These took me ten minutes to make, fast and easy, double win. To make these you will need:

  • Keebler ready mini graham cracker pie crust (6 count)
  • One banana
  • JELL-O banana cream pudding (3.4 oz packet)
  • Milk
  • Canned whip cream



Slice the banana and put 3 slices in each crust.


Mix the milk and pudding according to package directions and pour over the bananas immediately.


Add the whipped cream right before serving.

Now the really sad ending to the post: So I've had really, really terrible heartburn lately and have been randomly violently throwing up for no reason. I got a scope last Thursday and the Dr told me he was doing biopsies for food intolerances. I convinced myself that I was going to find out I had celiac's and was already sad because #carbsareBAE lol. I got the call today and I have lactose intolerance (insert all the sad emoticons here)!!!! I am still in shock that I got diagnosed with this at 28 years old. Now that I look back, it makes sense because every time I threw up I had eaten something with dairy in it. I'm mourning all the pizza, chocolate, ice cream, sour cream, cream cheese (need I go on?), that will now be missing from my life! I was going to have this last dessert tonight but if I do, I'll just keep saying "just one more thing and then I'll stop". So, I'm kicking the lactose cold-turkey. 

Now I need all of my lactose intolerant and vegan friends to send me all of your yummy recipes because this is going to be a hard one for me. You all know anything covered in chocolate or heavy cream has my heart!

Now that you've listened to me ramble on, I'm going to go get cute for the birthday boy's night out on the town! Have a good rest of your week.

The red Brick blondie.









1 comment

  1. I love your blog, Kimmy. All your posts are so fun to read. The dessert you made Chance looks to die for and oh so cute. I'm sorry about your lactose intolerance. I have a feeling you're going to go and get super healthy on me. Where's the fun in that? Who's going to make me feel good about my desserts by eating 1, or 2, or 3 pieces now that you can't?!? ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete